The time for action is now.
The horrifying siege at the Capitol on 1/6/21, encouraged by a desperate fascist and his allies, showed how critical it is to fix our warped democracy. We must impeach Trump now and prevent him from holding office ever again. We must make sure that Democrats are using their power right now! We named this action “The People Lead” because the people delivered a huge victory – defeating Trump and taking back the Senate. We have earned a mandate to demand transformative change!
MAKE CALLS, LEAVE MESSAGES, SEND EMAILS!
WE PROVIDE A SCRIPT- CAN YOU GO IN TO ACTION? CALL AND EMAIL ELECTED OFFICIALS
We Have Two Major Asks
IMPEACH TRUMP & STRUCTURAL POLICY CHANGES
USE THIS SCRIPT AND CONTACT THE FOLLOWING ELECTED OFFICIALS
My name is ______________ and I’m calling from (town/city, Indiana). Watching the attacks on the Capital on January 6th, has prompted me to call you as a constituent and voice my opinions on the following –
- You MUST move to vote convict Trump to assure he is found guilty of his crimes and that he never holds any public office again.
- You MUST quickly pass the following FOUR reforms:
- Pass the For the People Act (HR1) which, among other things, requires elected officials to disclose tax returns, divest assets and disclose conflicts of interest.
- Pass the John Lewis Voting Rights Act (HR4)
- Grant Statehood to DC
- Reform the Courts to undo the damage caused by Trump and McConnell. I appreciate your time and expect your support for my opinions. Thank you,
PLEASE CONTACT ALL ON THE LIST!
Senator Todd Young (202) 224-5623
Senator Mike Braun (202) 224-4814
Speaker Pelosi, CA (202) 225-4965
Senator Schumer, NY (202) 224-6542
Senator Peters, MI (202) 224-6221
Senator Stabenow, MI (202) 224-4822
Senator Manchin, WV (202) 224-3954 could be swing vote
Senator Sinema, AZ (202) 224-4521 currently does NOT support DC statehood
Call these representatives to support reform:
Congressman Frank J. Mrvan – 1st District (202) 225-2461
Representative Sarbanes, MD (202) 225-4016 Lead Sponsor, HR1
Congresswoman Jackie Walorski – 2nd District (202) 225-3915
Representative Nadler, NY (202) 225-5635
Delegate Eleanor Holmes Norton, D.C. (202) 225-8050 (lead sponsor of HR51, DC statehood)
Thank you for taking action
PLEASE JOIN US THIS WEEK!
Indivisible NWI The People Lead Virtual ZOOM Event
Wednesday January 13, 5:00 PM – 6:00 pm
We will talk about all of these initiatives in detail!
Zoom link will also follow by email and on Facebook at: @indivisiblenorthwestindiana
(You don’t need to join the Zoom event to get started!)